Sunday, July 20, 2008

We made it!

So the flights were for the most part good.

We had a good time in Chicago. We took a train downtown & walked to the Sears tower - the tallest building in North America! I think that made Terry's whole day. He loved all the big buildings. If you know me I never wanted to go to that side of the states. I know, call me chicken but I have seen every state this side of the Mississippi, been to the Bahamas, Mexico, & Canada, & of course all the places that we fly to get here. But I have had no reason to go over there. So I didn't want to go, too many people everywhere. Now I like people but not making me feel like they are in my bubble. I know I am crazy.

Well we made it to the Silk Road & tomorrow we go to the AMGH. So our hotel run around has started. The Silk Road is a nice place & the food is good, the beds are good - not too hard & the room is twice the size as the room we had at the AMGH last time we stayed here.

When we got to London we were the third family to get there. We didn't know that though, so we checked in got our gate number then walked around. We didn't see anyone until we got to the place we check in at. Then we saw D & R, they had just gotten off there flight. We started to walk around with them when we saw G & B. So we sat down with them then got something to drink. When you see the word milkshake over there that does not mean milkshake, that just means cold drink. I was really looking for a milkshake I love Milkshakes alot. So after the drink we walked to the gate. We still had not found Apirl & they were supposed to get there before any of us. Well just as we were getting ready to board there they came. We got to talk a little before we all got on the plane.

I think that was the worst flight we have had the whole time, we sat in the last row you could not move your seat, but the person in front of you could, there was only one window so you felt like you could not move a little bit. I felt like I was going to scream, if it would not have been Terry sitting next to me I would have cried. As the plane started to descend the roof started to leak on me. I think it was the air cooling that we "did not" have leaking on me. When I showed them the cup full of water that had came from there they said that they already knew about it. I am so happy that we will not be on that flight home. I know it was a full flight but that was bad.

So we are here & now we look forward to the road God leads us on. We know that sometime on that road God will give us Destiny to care for & love from now on. But for now God is just taking us anywhere he wants us to go. We hope all is going well back home & miss you all.

Oh!

They said we might get to go get her on Monday, I know that is a long shot but we are hoping they are right. And since that is when we wake up we will see.

Love you all,

Michele & Terry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele,
May the flight be the only dark spot on the trip. May you get your daughter without any delays. You'll will have to teach that husband of yours to share her!!! Wishing and praying for the best out come and safe return.-C

Maria said...

Love your posts -- I feel just like I'm there. I'm sorry your flight was so funky. Even when the flights are good, those are LONG flights. I SO hope you are able to get her Monday (which is today now for you)!!!

Anonymous said...

Love you guys and don't worry about anything at home, everything is going well so far! They even made it to church this morning, on time!! Thanks for letting us know you arrived safe. Just a few more days and you will be back with all of us here. Give her a hug for Aunt Melanie, Love and Miss you!
Mel

Countdown to Destiny