Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Road to Tokmok!

Today we just wait, with four familys over here we only get to see her every other day. The two familys that got here the day before us go on one day then we go the next. It is a big let down because we were told that we had to see her everyday for the time we are here. Now we just play the waiting game. If we would have known this before we could have saved alot of money(I think).



So just for the people that want to know what it looks like over here,are some photos for you. Oh! we got our luggage today, so we can stop washing our stuff in the tub.






This is a nice neighborhood.



On the road to Tokmok (very green)



Good part of the road (no potholes!) Mountains in the distance are the border.







We had been told that the roads were very bad, but the trip to the baby's was not bad at all. All you have to do is look out the side windows. They cut holes in the road so you slow down for them. The bad driving is in town, but I guess if you have one million people in one town & no driving rules that we can tell you would think nothing about it also. You are so close to the people next to you, that you could kiss them if there windows were down. Most of them don't have side mirrors, because they have drivers like mine next to them. Oh! he has not hit anyone so far with us in the car.

God bless all that read this, Love Michele

2 comments:

Margaret and Tom said...

I am sorry you only get to go every other day to see the baby, that is a bummer, I can understand why that makes you sad. I bet she is just wonderful and the pictures bring back so many memories of our trip. I may have to snag some of the scenery pictures that you take just so I can have more for our girl. Glad your luggage showed up, be safe. Margaret

Maria said...

Thanks for the updates. I was glad to get your blog address so I can follow along! I'm glad you made it and FINALLY got your luggag. What a shame to go that far and only get to see her every other day! YUK!! Have a great time and love her to pieces until it's time to go home!

Countdown to Destiny